Zack Hosaini

Ten years ago, Zack Hosaini was standing behind a cash register at Roy Rogers, working as many hours as he could to make ends meet.

The 35-year-old Parsippany resident was making minimum-wage at the fast-food restaurant. With a daughter on the way, he needed to earn more money. He decided to enroll at PC Age Career Institute.

After graduating from PC Age, Hosaini did some contracting work and then landed a job as a Site Lead/Systems Engineer with Quest Diagnostics. He now handles the day-to-day Information Technology issues at the company’s Teterboro office, including system upgrades and software certifications. He has asked that his salary not be revealed, but says he is very happy with it.

“I went from being a minimum-wage employee to being able to purchase a house,” Hosaini said. “I don’t have to put in a lot of crazy hours either. I get to spend more time with my family.”

Hosaini was born in Turkey and came to New Jersey by way of San Diego. He is married with two children ages 10 and 1. He said the IT field was booming when Hosaini graduated from PC Age.

“A lot of companies needed technical support people back then,” Hosaini said. “They were hiring people from overseas because the demand was so high. PC Age had the curriculum to prepare me to take the job right away.”

Hosaini aspires to become an IT Manager, working on the technical side rather than the personnel management side. He now attends Thomas Edison State University part-time. His PC Age credits are transferable, so he will graduate sooner than the average student and at a reduced cost.